She’s Pregnant? What should you do?
Your partner has just told you that she’s pregnant and she is weighing out her options. You also have a choice to make. What are your responsibilities? How should you help? You have a lot to think about.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts to help you through this:
- Do make her health your top priority.
- Do take her someplace to see a health professional.
- Do encourage her to get a sonogram.
- Do talk openly and honestly about all the options.
- Do stay involved if she does decide to parent.
- Don’t assume that she was trying to get pregnant on purpose.
- Don’t assume your opinion doesn’t matter.
- Don’t pressure her into a decision.
- Don’t bail if she decides to parent.
- Don’t assume her decision won’t affect you.
Remember the decision is ultimately hers to make but you should be able to express your opinion. Real Options is here to provide support for you as well.